…via John Skeats 🙂
Originally shared by Peggy K
2018 Year in Review: Creator Updates in the Googleverse from Google+, YouTube, Blogger, AdSense, Photos and more
There were many changes in 2018, some good, some bad, some happy, some sad. Here are my top Creator updates:
* Consumer Google+will shut down in April 2019
* YouTube has new tougher eligibility requirements for the YouTube Partner Program
* YouTube introduces easy webcam live streaming
* YouTube rolls out new features to increase engagement: Premieres, Community Tab, Stories
* Blogger undergoes Spring Cleaning, retiring some old features, and adding a few new tools
* AdSense introduces „Auto Ads“, which let you place a single code snippet on your site, and AdSense automatically inserts ads in your site’s layout.
* The EU’s GDPR went into effect in May. Both Blogger and AdSense provide tools to help your site comply with the new data privacy regulations.
* The last bits of Picasa Web Albums are just about gone
* Google Photos introduces 10 new movie themes
Get all the details, and an overview of all the 2018 updates: